- Dr Valavanis attended the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Dental School, Greece, where he received his degree in dentistry in 2000. After graduating he was trained in implant dentistry in Kraichtal Germany and the Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston MA. He was then trained in implant prosthetics by Prof. Nitzan Bichacho, Tel Aviv Israel.
- Dr Valavanis is Professor a.c. in the Oral Surgery Department,
Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, ITALY
- He is a senior partner in the Athens Dental Institute, Athens, Greece.
- He currently serves as the president of ICOI-Hellas, Ambassador and member on the board of directors of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), board member of the SENAME Implantology Association (Naples-Italy) and on the senior editorial Board for the “implant dentistry” journal.
- He is a fellow of the International College of Dentists (ICD)
- He is also founding member and implantology specialist of the German Implantology Society (DGOI) and Diplomate in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI). He lectures nationally and internationally mainly on aesthetic implant dentistry.